Vigil Security&Investigations, inc
Work Place Violence
- Homicide is now the second leading cause of workplace deaths.
- Over 1,000 people are murdered at work each year.
- 42% of on-the-job fatalities among women are homicides.
- The number of employees who murder their supervisors has doubled in the last ten years.
- Nearly twice as many employees are killed at the workplace by a friend, relative or co-worker than Police Officers are killed in the line of duty annually.
- Employers who conduct effective background checks on prospective employees can often improve productivity and reduce the number of personnel prone to exhibiting violent behavior.
- Workplace violence policies and procedures can help reduce the risk of staggering legal liability.